Ground was broken in 1950 for a new convent building on the north side of the chapel. Initiation of construction was delayed by the Korean War. On the Feast of St. Gertrude, 1952, the work began.
This new structure was to allow for greater quiet and privacy for the Sisters and the opportunity for students to be less burdened with maintaining silence for the Sisters as both groups had been accommodated in adjoining sections of the original 1904 structure. The new convent building was later re-named Annunciata Hall in honor of Mother Annunciata.