The community purchased its first organ, a four-rank pipe organ, at a cost of $2,751.80. Once installed a glorious concert was held. Sister Mary Vincent remembers attending this concert as a student.
Sister Mary Grace Jankowski, one of the pioneer Sisters and a master musician, was able to play the new instrument gloriously at Midnight Mass in 1942 before she died one month later. Organ repertoire and accompaniment have remained integral to the community’s liturgy to this day.