Sacred Heart College was established in 1940.
This two-year college was formed to offer a traditional liberal arts curriculum to Academy graduates and other girls in the Cullman area as preparation for upper-level study elsewhere. A new three-story dormitory, Mary Hall, was constructed for the college, and dining rooms expanded.
Later, in the 1960’s, Janeway Hall (later Benedictine Manor) and Gertrude Hall (later Benet Hall) were built as dormitory facilities to accommodate increasing enrollment. In this post card, Mary Hall is downhill on the far right and Joseph Hall is second from right.