In 1938, new hand-carved pews and choir stalls were purchased for the chapel. A new wooden main altar was purchased to replace the much smaller one that had been brought over from Ottilia Hall. An iron baldachino was set up over the new main altar and smaller iron frameworks were set up behind the statues of Mary and Joseph at the side altars. Fabrics representing the colors of the liturgical seasons hung from the ironwork. The latter addition necessitated the removal of the tall canopies above the two side altars. A matching iron communion rail replaced the original marble one. Lighting improvements were made.