Mother Mary Susan restored the hours of the Divine Office to their intended times.
From the beginning of her tenure as Prioress, Mother Mary Susan had worked to enhance the liturgical prayer of the community. In 1955, the Sisters had instruction in chant from Dom Desroquettes of Solesmes Abbey in France. In 1957, Mother Mary Susan restored the hours of the Divine Office to their intended times. Prior to this, the responsibilities of teaching had resulted in the Hours being prayed at times not consistent with the intent of the Hour.
This change was a significant step toward deepening the spiritual life of the community through prioritizing prayer at their appropriate liturgical times despite the demands of ministry.